User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was wondering where the best place would be to get passport photos taken...I am pretty sure the only places we have that do passport photos are walmart, sears and shoppers drug mart but there may be more that I dont know about...I live in a fairly small area so our options arent great and I am worried about having my pictures denied for whatever reason...
    I know someone who had theirs done at sears here and they were rejected twice because of too much camera reflection on their forehead...so I am thinking maybe not sears LOL...

I was also wondering if they would object to me bringing my own face powder and brushes and having them use it or me do it whichever, since I was told they powder the crap out of your face with whatever they use to make your skin really matte...and I am allergic to pretty much everything and if I dont use my own the chances of me breaking out in ugly painful welts is fairly high especially if what they use is poor quality or has a ton of chemicals in it...and also I would question how hygenic they are being if they dont use brushes or puffs that are disposible *shudder*

I really need to get my butt in gear and get my passport in case I need it LOL so my agenda this weekend is to get the forms filled out and then find a place that can do a decent photo without costing an arm and leg...then finding people to sign the form for me so I can mail it out and hopefully it wont be denied for any reason...
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Sears, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart

Search and win with

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I went to Wal-Mart initially, and had a horible passport photo taken ..... then went to a photo place - where it was cheaper, and so extremely well-done ... the lady doing it had mentioned that there was a woman who had hers dones weeks ago, so impressed she booked immediately for wedding shots (LOL!, and after seeing my pic - I would too) ... just can't remember the name of the studio -
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

hmm studios...wonder if I can find a studio around here that would do a passport photo...what does it cost at various places I only know shoppers here charges $10 for passport photos everywhere else I have no idea but I figured the quality of walmarts would be lacking...sears I was going to go with because we had baby pics done there when we were little and they turned out really nice but now not so sure after hearing about that experience from the lady at work that had to remail her stuff out three times before finally getting it approved just seems like a huge waste of time and money if they are going to screw up that bad and twice!

Search and win with

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

I got my passport photo taken at Blacks..... and they say they refund you the money if your photo is rejected and give you a free photo!! which actually happened to me!!! sent my application off to Ottawa..... and they returned it to me registered post!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol. so I got my money back, but I had to pay 2 lots of postage.... oh well.... Im good for 10 years now!!

I got photos taken for my immigration paperwork done at walmart....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I had all ours done just this summer at Costco. They are the cheapest and none were refused. They will ask you not to smile and maybe they will put your hair behind your ears but that's about it. I not then the passport bureau will so it onsite.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ugh no one is putting my hair behind my ears I look HORRIBLE! though I think I might have to put my bangs up for the pic since they want to clearly see your face...idk does anyone have sideswept bangs here that have had a passport phototaken??? and what are the rules on that because I cant find anything about being able to have bangs down just that you have to be able to see your features...and for my sis what about like full out bangs to your eyebrows are you allowed to have them or do you have to take them up off your face before getting the pics taken???

mine arent in my eyes or anything and they dont conceal any of my face so idk if i can leave them down or if I have to put them up they come to my cheek bones though...

I also want my picture done in black and white its more flattering I find...and I hate colour photos haha

Search and win with

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

i have always gotten mine dont at Blacks just once i got i done at superstore and i really like that picture i think i could say it was the best by far

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

we dont have a costco around here so would have to drive about 50min to get to one and I am not sure if I could get it done there if we dont have a membership card...

Search and win with

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish_DeLight View Post
    i have always gotten mine dont at Blacks just once i got i done at superstore and i really like that picture i think i could say it was the best by far
    we dont have a superstore either LOL

Search and win with

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

got mine done before at SDM and Costco.... no problems with them. I bring my application to the passport office in person, so I know right away if they're accepted. That and I can't bear to be without my passport for longer than the 2 wk processing period lol.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ah I wanted to go directly to the office but they arent open on days that I could get close enough so I am kind of stuck mailing it in...really dont want to put my original birth certificate in though but am crossing my fingers that it will be ok and come back to me...

Search and win with

putt
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it's been my experience that there are always little photo shops very close, or next door to passport offices...so when they refuse your passport picture for not being compliant, you can run in...try to bring your guarantor along for the road trip.

btw for gta'ers the best (for line-ups, expediation, friendliness, and speak fluent 'both' canadian official languages) office is on thickson road in whitby.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The one at Victoria St (downtown TO) isn't bad either.... provided that you fill in the paperwork online, you will jump to the very front of the queue, at least that's how it was a few years ago.
    Last edited by travelgeek; Sat, Nov 21st, 2009 at 06:37 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    since I was told they powder the crap out of your face with whatever they use to make your skin really matte...
    I have never seen any of the stores put anything on your face.... just don't smile, that's all.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by travelgeek View Post
    I have never seen any of the stores put anything on your face.... just don't smile, that's all.
    Ya me neither. I didn't know they were that specific either. Just don't smile like you said.

I had mine done at blacks, and recently my bf got his at costco.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information