User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

soo Cp really drives me up the wall
    whenever i get a package, i always get a card in my mailbox.
    they NEVER EVER attempt to deliver.
    I live in an apartment and usually work afternoons so im home when the mail comes

according to CP's website, they should only drop a card without attempting delivery if:
    We usually attempt to deliver all items directly to you, but in the following situations we leave a Delivery Notice Card instead:
    If the item is marked as "card for pickup".
    If you receive your mail at a community mailbox where your residence is more than 500 m from the mailbox, and the item does not fit in the parcel compartment.

NONE OF THESE APPLY.
    graah!
    what makes me even more mad is the card says available for pick up after 1pm tomorrow (tomorrows saturday, which means it wont be there until monday!!!)
    and im going away sunday-thurs so i cant get it until friday!!!!

*end of rant
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    Check out my blog =)
    Don't Dream it. Be it.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Some places are open on Saturday depending what ur pick up location is.
    I hate when they do that...it happens 99% of the time to me - that is why when I send a parcel I prefer FedEx...CP is useless most times

Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Some places are open on Saturday depending what ur pick up location is.
    I hate when they do that...it happens 99% of the time to me - that is why when I send a parcel I prefer FedEx...CP is useless most times
    yea my postal office is open on saturday BUT last time i got a delivery notice on a friday with the box checked pickup tomorrow after 1pm, i went to get it and the girl told me it means next business day that they dont receive packages on saturdays
    Check out my blog =)
    Don't Dream it. Be it.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I know, this drives me mad too. I have seen where I am sitting in my living room, right by the door, and never hear them knock, just find the card stuck in the door later. I think sometimes they don't even bring the parcel with them, they just stick a card in the door and leave you to it.
    <center>

"A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, "I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead." - Dug from "Up"
    </center>

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    yea my postal office is open on saturday BUT last time i got a delivery notice on a friday with the box checked pickup tomorrow after 1pm, i went to get it and the girl told me it means next business day that they dont receive packages on saturdays
    Well that is really annoying! I hope it wasn't anything to urgent...

Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Well that is really annoying! I hope it wasn't anything to urgent...
    the only thing im expecting is the free febreze set and refresh LOL
    but still!
    Check out my blog =)
    Don't Dream it. Be it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup that's CP for you.

One time I renewed my cellphone contract over the phone and the day the phone was suppose to come, I was at home all day. I was anxious so I kept opening the door lol

so around 2:30ish I opened the door and the CP delivery person was there writing that stick thing and guess what??!! ... they weren't even holding my box!! so I asked the lady why didn't you ring the door or knock. Her excuse, I did many times but no one answered ... yeahhh riight ... so I asked her why wasn't she holding the package her excuse was i put it back in the truck ... from my door to the end of my driveway is about 30 feet ... so she then said oh, I'll go get your package from the truck since you are home ... *facepalm*

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Same here. It is so annoying.

I have three big dogs and they stalk the front window, all day every day, waiting for the kids to come home from school. When someone comes near the front of my house, they bark. I have been standing in my front window and watched her come up to my door without the pkg and leave a notice. Aggravates the crap out of me.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

they did the same to me and they just blew it off when i called to complain.

they DO NOT even try.

they lie about it and their supervisors back them up.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

the only thing im expecting is the free febreze set and refresh LOL
    but still!
    Got mine! lol

So, not CP, but UPS:
    Yesterday we were going out, and saw the UPS truck pull up front. (We live in a basement apartment.) The guy gets out of his truck, and my DD says hi, lol, and he says hi back. I'm waiting for DH to come up the stairs with the stroller, so I'm standing in the driveway, and see the driver put a sticker on the door (the main door) and walk back to the truck. He didn't even have a package in his hands! And didn't knock.
    Our landlord pulled up like 30 secs after, lol. Told him the UPS driver left a sticker..

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They used to do that at our old place, he wouldn't even take the parcels with him, just write up the tickets and put them through with the mail
    Make an easy $20+ per month with - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

soo Cp really drives me up the wall
    whenever i get a package, i always get a card in my mailbox.
    they NEVER EVER attempt to deliver.
    I live in an apartment and usually work afternoons so im home when the mail comes

according to CP's website, they should only drop a card without attempting delivery if:
    We usually attempt to deliver all items directly to you, but in the following situations we leave a Delivery Notice Card instead:
    If the item is marked as "card for pickup".
    If you receive your mail at a community mailbox where your residence is more than 500 m from the mailbox, and the item does not fit in the parcel compartment.

NONE OF THESE APPLY.
    graah!
    what makes me even more mad is the card says available for pick up after 1pm tomorrow (tomorrows saturday, which means it wont be there until monday!!!)
    and im going away sunday-thurs so i cant get it until friday!!!!

*end of rant

I feel badly for you

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    I know, this drives me mad too. I have seen where I am sitting in my living room, right by the door, and never hear them knock, just find the card stuck in the door later. I think sometimes they don't even bring the parcel with them, they just stick a card in the door and leave you to it.
    Unbelievable service, not right!

Quote Originally Posted by win-star View Post
    Yup that's CP for you.

One time I renewed my cellphone contract over the phone and the day the phone was suppose to come, I was at home all day. I was anxious so I kept opening the door lol

so around 2:30ish I opened the door and the CP delivery person was there writing that stick thing and guess what??!! ... they weren't even holding my box!! so I asked the lady why didn't you ring the door or knock. Her excuse, I did many times but no one answered ... yeahhh riight ... so I asked her why wasn't she holding the package her excuse was i put it back in the truck ... from my door to the end of my driveway is about 30 feet ... so she then said oh, I'll go get your package from the truck since you are home ... *facepalm*

I am shocked and appalled!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    Same here. It is so annoying.

I have three big dogs and they stalk the front window, all day every day, waiting for the kids to come home from school. When someone comes near the front of my house, they bark. I have been standing in my front window and watched her come up to my door without the pkg and leave a notice. Aggravates the crap out of me.
    Your dogs are your proof! Wow so sorry for you

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    they did the same to me and they just blew it off when i called to complain.

they DO NOT even try.

they lie about it and their supervisors back them up.
    I am not so sure about supervisors lying to protect a worker who failed to knock, they usually go out of their way to reprimand us. Sorry though it still sucks.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

to the OP you might be able to p/u from the headquarters its from Fedex etc. before the end of today.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it`s a PITA to do.. but call canada post every time this happens.. they make a minor note about the incident.. and if it happens enough times the driver gets ged.. it has in the past worked for me.. every package would show up as a card instead or abandoned at my door.. once i had my package delivered to someone else and they opened the package!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It seems to be a standard practice of theirs. Happens to me all the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information