User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Giant Tiger Head Office phone number?

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I've sent an email twice to Giant Tiger's customer service regarding a negative shopping experience using coupons. I haven't heard back and this Friday will be three weeks without any acknowledgement. The GT website doesn't list any phone numbers. Does anyone know a number for head office?
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Never heard of them, but I did find this in the yellow pages online

Giant Tiger Stores Ltd
    Head Office Ottawa
    ON
    Telephone : 613-521-8222

Hope that helps

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I know this is an old post and I am a newbie but I have also found that Giant Tiger is horrible for coupon usage and customer service. Today I might have well been shoplifting for the way I was treated. Even the manager was rude. Hope that number works for me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was in Giant Tiger today of which i shop ALOT! My husband picked up a box of lucky charms that were sitting with a few other kinds of cereals. It said $1.99 on the sign (asst variety). When we went to the cash it rang in as $3.97, i immediately asked why they were charging me $2 more than advertised. My husband then spoke up and she completely ignored his question of why were they all together marked at 1.99 if it was only for one type of cereal. She had no comment and continued the sale being rude with me as well. When i grabbed my bags my husband asked where he could get thte head office number and she looked at him with the snottiest look on her face and said "we're unlisted". well depending on how well my conversation goes with head office will determine whether or not i and my extended family will shop there anymore. Good luck on your endeavours with them.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I would be frustrated being treated that way, but unfortunately, its more the cashier to blame then GT itself. GT likely lacks in its training, but I bet there is a high turn over at a place like that, and sadly since most employees are likely only making min. wage, they probably couldn't care less if they lose a customer. Sadly, some cashiers don't care about their customers and only that paycheck at the end of the week.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i work at giant tiger. in replys to all of your comments its very true. our managers are assholes and dont even care about us. recently i had 3 section of the food wall at my store fall down and i happen to be standing underneath it. the owner at my store has tried telling me that im lying about the wall falling down. my lower back is screwed up now and i have to walk with a cane. did i mention im only 23. he is also trying to make my work experiece miserable and ive been having a lot of problems trying to deal with workers comp. hes been lying to them and trying to get them to hate me and make my life worse which they are doing. almost everyone i work with hates working there and i know other people who work at other stores that hate it as well. i can tell you personally if the cashier isnt being the nicest its because she probably had a run in with her dick boss and he ruined her night. they say the number one rule is the customer is always right but ive seen personally in my 6 years of working there that they do not give a about the customer. my advice to everyone is to tell anyone and everyone you know not to shop at any of the stores. im trying to get ahold of head office myself and as an employee i cant find the right number or contact info to tell them whats been happening, not like i would get a friendly responce anyways.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am REALLY sorry to hear that you got injured at work. Wow! Only 23 years old and your using a cane. Again I can't believe that happened to you. Don't give up with workman's comp. I personally know of good people who had to deal with workers comp. Lots of hassel, but it should work out for you in the long run.
    Last edited by maggiespice; Thu, Oct 15th, 2009 at 06:53 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to work at Giant Tiger and I can guarantee that Giant Tiger is a very friendly place... atleast at the location I worked at. The location I worked at was in a small town where everyone knew everyone. It was an amazing place to work and every GT that I've went into since then has been the exact same. I feel bad that there are so many complaints on here about it... I hope you do decide to go back to Giant Tiger one day soon.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After being on the recieving end of 3 different instances of terrible customer service from 3 different employees of the Giant Tiger (Cowansville, Quebec) within the space of about half an hour, I did something I almost never do: I complained to the manager. So after I very politely finished telling her that I found the behavior of her employees deeply disrespectful and bad for her business, she just looks at me and shrugs... which pisses me off. I tell her that my little family and I won't be doing anymore shopping at her store. She doesn't give it a second thought and walks away. THIS REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS, ... Then I do some research and realize that they don't even list the phone number to their individual stores OR even the home office... from the looks of other posts in this thread they don't respond to emails or letters either. My wife and I are both penny pinchers. Everyone here likes to save a dollar when we can but lets not give these jerks any more money. They WANT to go out of business: let's oblidge them.
    The Kawarthan likes this.

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by banansa View Post
    I would be frustrated being treated that way, but unfortunately, its more the cashier to blame then GT itself. GT likely lacks in its training, but I bet there is a high turn over at a place like that, and sadly since most employees are likely only making min. wage, they probably couldn't care less if they lose a customer. Sadly, some cashiers don't care about their customers and only that paycheck at the end of the week.

If I worked somewhere that didn't treat me well, I would encourage people using coupons...and if they fire me...be prepared for the hell storm that followed if they didn't have just cause.

Then again students and some other people may be there because they have to be--for whatever reason, and wouldn't want to risk their job, but that's not an excuse to be rude to customers.

Follow the elephant...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've only had one experience with GT, at the Mississauga location. The cashier was really nice, took my 2 coupons with no problems and told me to have a nice day. I had no idea so many people had such horrible experiences.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

In personally don't like that store always is cluttered, messy and somethings dirty I been there 2 times and I just had to walk away .

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i use coupons there all the time with no problems at all
    Check out my blog!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The cashier at Giant Tiger Mississauga, Ontario over-stuffed all of my purchases into one plastic bag. I requested to purchase an extra bag for 5 cents, but was told it is against the store policy to sell an extra bag, and was directed to a basket of used bags - it was covered in a web of human hair, and had had some sort of sticky juice spilled all over it! Garbage! Since when is Giant Tiger a pillar of the green movement? My produce burst through the bag and feel on the street in pouring rain. Will never shop there again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As a former employee, I know they have "customer service traing, as well as traing in each aspect of the store. All staff are required to take training as well as perform online training. When it comes to the price of an item, the policy is that the price that the iten is "tagged" is the price the item must be sold at. The key is that the sku must match the item.

I don't believe that any of the "staff" care only about the paycheck, although they do seem to have issues with the management dealing with staff situations/problems/concerns, which may affect the quality of service received at the front end, not that this is an excuse for poor customer service. I would try the Tiger talk line: 1-800-37-TIGER for any un-resolved issues. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by banansa View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information